Cap torque analyzers are an extremely refined set of products that need to be cared for and calibrated on a regular basis to ensure accurate and consistent results. Calibrating these complex machines can be an intimidating process but there are some items that one can consider to improve the calibration process and in addition, improving results. Here are five items to focus on when calibrating your torque machine:
1. When starting the calibration you need to attach the frame and make sure it is set with 1 or 2 screws.
2. Insert the pulley into the chuck and rotate chuck and make sure that the screw is facing a direction that allows the wire to twist 90 degrees and lock the shaft.
3. “Zero out” any off set and hang the weight slowly and deliberately.
4. Make sure the weights are in a clear area, that they are still, and that they are not touching anything.
5. Make sure you calibrate both sides of the machine and this will give you the torque read out.
For more information on calibration please contact email@example.com
Or visit: http://www.mesalabs.com/bottle-cap-torque-testing/
Let’s talk torque analyzers!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your torque analyzer pain points.