Mesa Labs’ new ST-FT-1 is a universal handheld torque/force display that, when coupled with the Chuck calibrator adapter, can be used to verify/calibrate chuck capper heads. Cap adapters are easily replaceable to accommodate various chucks.
Possible causes of equipment related torque variation:
- servo current fluctuation
- temperature variation related torque fluctuation of a magnetic slip chuck
- varying chuck speed
- varying friction between the chuck and the cap OD (slippage)
- topload force variation
To verify chuck-capper operation, use Mesa’s ST-FT-1 chuck calibrator. This is a compact torque testing device for both engineering (FAT of capping equipment, troubleshooting torque issues of existing capping equipment) and production use (individual capper chuck adjustment). With this device you can prove whether the torque variation is the result of servo current fluctuation (inconsistent application torque), product variation or another variable in the capping process (gripping pressure, topload, etc).
Target applications include but not limited to:
- OEM/Packaging Engineer testing the performance/repeatability of the torque applied by capper chucks during machine design, factory acceptance testing/validation.
- Packaging line operator verifying and adjusting capper chucks
- Packaging Engineer evaluating whether torque variation is caused by the capping equipment or the package.
For more information, please visit: http://torque.mesalabs.com/
Let’s talk torque analyzers!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your torque analyzer pain points.