While operating Torque analyzers, operators can be exposed to safety hazards such as pinch-points, broken glass projectiles, chemicals, and potentially hazardous spills. These risks stem from a range of environments: from working with bleach and blood products to testing pressurized glass bottles. It is important to consider the safety of operators and understand what we are able to do to keep them protected from preventable injury. With this goal in mind, Mesa Labs currently offers the following options to contribute to your operators’ safety:
- Guarding Options for Protection against Spills & Projectiles
2. Guarding against Pinch-Points
If the only automation is the rotation of the cap, such as with our Torqo machines, then the machine can be started by the press of a single button on the touch screen.
Due to the various automated motions from our SureTorque machines, we include the subsequent functionalities with our Pinch-Point Warning Label:
- Two-hand controls in the form of dual-action safety start buttons. These are configured with two start switches with two available options for starting the cycle, “press only” or “press hold”.
Anti-Bridging – Actuations cannot be initiated without the use of both hands.
Anti-Tie Down – Both switches must be actuated concurrently by the hands. The premature actuation of either switch will not allow the cycle of the machine or equipment to begin when the second switch is actuated by the other hand.
Anti-Repeat – Both controls must be released before another cycle can be initiated.
- Pinch-Points at the various pneumatic cylinders can be guarded by cylinder guards.
|(Head Cylinder Guard)||(Clamp Cylinder Guard)||(Clamp Cylinder w/o Guard)|
- For pressure adjustment control, we provide adjustable and lockable pressure controllers for each pneumatic cylinder. By minimizing the cylinder pressure(s), the risk/severity of operator injury is reduced.
- Remote and built-in E-Stop to de-energize pneumatic and electric actuators.
|(ST-S3 with Remote E-Stop)||(ST-S3 with Built-in E-Stop)||(Torqo 1600 with Built-in E-Stop)|
We understand that every situation is different, so to meet your specific safety needs, Mesa Labs is capable of programming especially to your application. Do you know if your operator is safe? Contact us today for more information on how we can improve workplace safety together!
Let’s talk torque analyzers!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your torque analyzer pain points.