The Gold Bottle is used to verify the operational repeatability of your Mesa torque analyzer.
It is constructed with high energy permanent magnets and can be pre-set at the factory to a customer specified torque value.
Since the cap torque of this bottle is the torque produced by the permanent magnets, the value will always be the same unless something has changed within the torque analyzer itself. The user is thus able to quickly check their analyzer without having to go through the complete calibration procedure.
There could be various causes of drifting torque results when using a Gold Bottle.
- Variation in operators
- Changes in the acceleration of the cap
- Varying topload
- Sideload and bending moment applied by different operators
- Temperature variations of magnets
- Unknown environmental temperature changes between different tests
- Center of the cap rotation slowly shifting out of position compared to the center of the clamping platform
It may be necessary to increase your process limits to allow for temperature-related magnetic torque variation to prevent the drifting results. If you are experiencing drifting results, contact us today and our experts will assist you in correcting your applications.
Let’s talk torque analyzers!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your torque analyzer pain points.