Cap torque analyzers are an extremely refined set of products that need to be cared for and calibrated on a regular basis to ensure accurate and consistent results. Calibrating these complex machines can be an intimidating process, however there are tried and true steps to follow to improve not only the calibration process, but also the end results.
Five steps to calibrate your torque machine include:
- Before beginning calibration, be sure to attach the frame with 1-2 screws to ensure stability.
- Insert the pulley into the chuck and rotate the chuck. Make sure the screw is facing a direction that allows the wire to twist 90 degrees and lock the shaft.
- “Zero out” any offset and hang the weight slowly and deliberately.
- Make sure the weights are still and are not touching anything.
- Be sure to calibrate both sides of the machine. This will give you the proper torque read out.
For more information on calibration please visit https://torque.mesalabs.com/calibration/.
Let’s talk torque analyzers!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your torque analyzer pain points.