The Torqo 1600 is a durable and reliable computerized cap torque analyzer which is setting a new standard for torque measurement throughout the packaging industry. With on-board microprocessors, it makes torque testing simple, accurate and affordable. The Torqo 1600 is easy to use, easy to set up, easy to move and low maintenance! Tooling is available for any threaded closure – including child resistant caps – and this compact unit delivers and stores precise results at the touch of a button.
- Accurate & repeatable results
- Reduce product & packaging waste
- Perform non-destructive & destructive testing
- Improve worker safety
- Calibrate in the field
- Variable speed motor available
- Wide range of accessories
- Removal Torque: With a single keystroke, the cap can be removed and reapplied to a designated torque level. The measured values can be stored in the analyzer’s memory.
- Incremental Torque: The proper installation of a cap with an internal seal can be verified with this test.
- Bridge Torque: This test determines the rotational force required to break the bands that bridge the gap between the cap and the tamper evident band on either an aluminum roll-on cap or a plastic cap.
- Reverse Ratchet Torque: This measures the torque required to rotate a child-resistant cap in its free running state.
- ROPP (Roll on Pilfer Proof): This test is designed to measure the torque required to open, break the bridges and then strip the threads on a Roll on Pilfer Proof cap.
- Close: This selection enables the system to be used as a capping device. When used in this mode the actual closing value can be saved and outputted.
- Strip: The strip test is designed to measure the torque required to drive the cap in a clockwise direction (close) in order to break the tamper evident band and remove the cap completely from the product.
- Length: 18 in. (45cm)
- Width: 13.8 in. (35 cm)
- Height: 32 in. (82 cm) 32 in.
- Weight: 160 lbs (Ship wt.)
- Torque Range In-Lb (N-m): 5 – 200 in-lbs
- Accuracy: +/- 0.125% FS on 5-20 in-lbs models, +/- 0.5% FS on 30-200 in-lbs models
- Resolution: 1:1000
- Speed Range: 1 RPM (1-8 RPM w/ multi-speed option)
- Input/Outputs: RS-232 Cable, USB, Ethernet
- Voltage: 100/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Amperage: 2.0A max
- Operation Humidity: up to 90% (non-condensing)
- Operation Temperature: 32-100°F (0 – 40°C)
- CE Certification: Yes
How to Perform a Cap Removal Test
- Child resistant testing
- Multi-speed motor
- Custom tooling
- Customizable data communication
- Data acquisition
- Training and service
Need to rent?
Whether you want to try our torque testers before you buy or just have a temporary need for increased testing capability, you can rent our machines for up to 3 months. Contact us today for more details.